The Block under goes heart surgery

Fleeting images of changes to the Gadigal peoples base and home to some aka The Block.















I loved the new faces postered up on the derelict building which stood op the new Redfern Community Centre it stands like the tip of the iceberg with smashed windows lace curtains flittering in the draft.

Weeks earlier I was welcomed as I rode home tired but content serpent lights at the top of the small hill op the building with the faces a word perhaps to start my next phase at the Fraser residency.

Now I walk past today just having moved out of Redfern transient in my own city, the iceberg is reduced to rubble. I feel uneasy do we trust the urban renewal to the heart n soul of the Gadigal community the traditional custodians of this land.














Weeks earlier I was welcomed as I rode home tired but content serpent lights at the top of the small hill a word perhaps to start my next phase at the Fraser residency.

'The Eora are the Aboriginal people (language group or tribe) of the Sydney within certain boundaries. Eora is derived from 'here' or 'this place' and means the people. What a good batch of words to start my next miscommunicaes project.

THIS PLACE
HERE
THE PEOPLE